Aspire Academy Sports Science program provides international level support to our coaches and student-athletes. The section administers an astonishing number of over 17,000 tests and testing sessions annually. It operates world-class applied sports science laboratories specializing in biomechanics, physiology,
hematology and biochemistry and utilizes world-class sports science equipment. Specifically, the program:
Disciplines currently operating within Sports Science are:
- Provides sports science support with laboratory and field-based testing to monitor and provide feedback on long-term and short-term changes in fitness qualities.
- Provides anthropometrical measurements to assess growth, maturation and body composition changes of student-athletes in the short- and long-term.
- Identifies and quantifies the physical, psychological, physiological and biomechanical characteristics that contribute to performance in each sport.
- Provides different types of performance assessments in competitions and matches as well as in training environments, i.e. video and GPS-based match and competition analysis, video feedback, lactate measurements, speed measurements with timing gates and Laveg laser measurement system.
- Provides expert assistance and advice to Aspire Academy student-athletes and coaches in order to improve sporting performance, e.g. acute and chronic training adaptations, adaptation to a variety of training and competition environments and sports psychology sessions.
- Carries out specific applied research and develops new and innovative methods for performance enhancement and training.
- Provides sports science support in training camps and competitions abroad.
- Talent Identification
- Biomechanics & Performance Analysis
- Sport Psychology
- Strength and Conditioning
- Health & Medical Services (Including Physiotherapy & Nutrition)
- Research & Quality Assurance